I have a serious problem. I hate reading. Let me explain, because I really don't hate reading in itself. I actually love it. That's that problem. When I get into a good book, watch out. Really. It's like I'm an addict. I can't put it down. I don't pick up a book that often, because of this big problem I have. That's what I mean about hating to read. In fact I want to make this blog short and sweet so I can get back to my book. My poor husband can't get even hold a conversation with me because I'm can't stop reading. It's so bad, that the other night, he asked me to massage his legs (sore from a Boy Scout hike on Sat.), but I made him read to me as I massaged. How pathetic is that? When I'm not reading I can't think of much else but the story. I almost feel as if I'm transported from our dimension into the book and I'm actually watching the whole story play out. Sometimes I even feel like I'm the main character. When that happens, I even feel the emotions the main character feels. I can just imagine what I look like when I'm reading. I laugh and smile and cry, just as the characters do. Does this happen to you or is it just me?
It doesn't help that the book I'm reading right now is really good. It's called Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. It's a novel about vampires. Sounds weird but I really like it. Some friends and family have recommended it. They say not to start the first book until you have the second one ready. I can see what they mean. I really have an obsession when it comes to reading. It has to be a good book though. Gotta go...I want to finish the book tonight, so I can stop neglecting my family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I understand that 100%. I am the same way. Your blog is so cute! mine is www.landofscotts.blogspot.com if you wanna check it out
you are so funny, so if the character gets hurt, do you throw yourself on the couch???? LOL
Hey, I don't know how you found my blog, but I'm glad you did. I love those break dancin' boys. Too funny!
I know what you mean about the twilight books. I can't wait to see the movie!!
Another one that I LOVE is "These is My Words" by Nancy Turner...It's my favorite!
You get it from your Mother!
oh man now you're in trouble!! starting those books is something you shouldn't do unless you have time to just finish all three and get them over with. thats what i had to do, i was a non-mom and a non-wife until i was through with the whole set because once i started i knew i wouldn't function until i got through them all because even when you're not reading them you are thinking about them trying to figure out what will happen next and how it is all going to work.... i don't understand why but they are SUPER addicting and so weird at the same time!!
oh man now you're in trouble!! starting those books is something you shouldn't do unless you have time to just finish all three and get them over with. thats what i had to do, i was a non-mom and a non-wife until i was through with the whole set because once i started i knew i wouldn't function until i got through them all because even when you're not reading them you are thinking about them trying to figure out what will happen next and how it is all going to work.... i don't understand why but they are SUPER addicting and so weird at the same time!!
Post a Comment