I'm new at this blogging thing, but thought I'd give it a try. I'm a mother of 4 (3 boys and 1 girl). Like I have time to do this. I'm apologizing in advanced for not posting very often. I just know this won't be an everyday thing. The kids, church, kids' school & work(x3) keeps me so busy that I have a hard time getting my house cleaned. I really wish I could hire a cleaning lady, but Doug (hubby) said that he and the kids will help out. Yeah, they try, but it just isn't the same. Sometimes, I wish I was the stay at home mom type that keeps an immaculate home, polishes the silver, makes 3 course meals, grows a garden and gets a manicure every week all while wearing designer outfits (that have been tailored) and high heels, but I'm not. I can't keep my nails long being a massage therapist, so there's no need to polish them and make them look pretty when the polish comes right off after just one massage. I don't have any real silver to polish, and my kitchen is too small to make a 3 course meal, besides, I don't like to cook since all I hear from the kids, is "I don't like that, I won't eat it!" I've learned that a 2 yr old and cleaning products, don't mix, after she tried helping me clean and got bleach spots on her new outfit and almost the carpet. And the only plant I can keep alive is a Aloe Vera plant, since you only need to water them once every 3 months. I've also learned that the moment the house is clean, the kids think it's tornado time. Within 1 hour, you can't even tell I had cleaned, so why bother?
I have 3 part time jobs. I have 2 home businesses; employment background verifications and I'm a Stampin'UP! demonstrator. I am also a Retail Merchandiser for Hallmark and work my accounts in the evening after kids' bed time. I have a very part time job as a massage therapist. I have a couple clients and that's about all I can handle. It's a tiring job. Just recently, I decided I don't want to give massages anymore, I want to get them. Yeah, wouldn't that be nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
cute blog--love it. cute title, i agree with it totally
I totally agree with you! I love the picture with Izzy asleep with the french dangling from her mouth! Oh motherhood. I don't have the many parttime jobs that you do and I still can't keep my houseclean, won't buy designer outfits, can't fit my figure into anything tailored and my kids hate whatever I cook too. I want a chef....not a maid because one of these days I am going to be the real taskmaster that my kids only claim I am now and make my kids clean the house. Hey isn't that what we had kids for anyway....to do all our work? Well my kids think that is the reason. Good thing I love them enough to keep them around inspite of the tornado that sweeps through my house hourly. Glad to know we are in the same boat. T
You are so cute Jen . . . I love your blog. I am going to make one, someday! Love ya
Skye
you did an awesome job on the posting....love the pictures....we all live busy lives but thank goodness it has it's rewards--friends, family and those special moments to treasure...hugs, fm
Loved your blog! So cute.
The pictures, the song, But I don't think there is that stay at home mom you described- except in our dreams!
L.
Post a Comment